Local Search Marketing Services: Promotions, Yelp Ads, & Local Facebook Ads
Local Search Marketing Part 4
Here at Intact Info, we know how hard it can be to get your business off the ground, so we have given you our top 10 strategies to help get local business. Building a website that works well with Google’s local search guidelines is crucial but there is a whole lot more to do away from your website than you might think. Most tech savvy business owners know what I’m talking about, but for those who don’t, I present you with the last installment on how to help get yourself local business in your company’s area.
Offering specials and promotions is one of the most fundamental marketing strategies, and for good reason. Customers are always comparing products and services in order to get the best deal for their money. By providing exclusive deals, gift certificates, or daily or weekly specials, you give your business a competitive edge by differentiating yourself from the rest of your competition. Who isn’t searching for a deal these days?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Bundles and packages: Offer a lower price if the customer buys multiple products or services.
- Sampling: Allow potential customers to sample a product before they buy to increase the chances of the sale.
- Gift certificate discounts: Offer gift certificates at a discounted rate to ensure that your customer comes back to bring you more business.
Try offering different specials on different days, or rotating your promotions to see which ones are more effective. And always remember to keep your deals fresh and exciting!
Yelp is a great source of peer generated content that translates the opinions of a user’s experience. It’s been said before, and we’ll say it again – any business who wants to attract more customers through search engine results pages (SERPs) ought to be on Yelp as they will receive high priority on Google’s local results. Yelp ads are used for many businesses that need to rank higher locally, because their Yelp profiles will now be predominantly featured on the first page for searches that match your business’s keyword. Increased local visibility is possible, and we have helped businesses all over the country increase their visibility on Yelp.
What Businesses Will Benefit from Yelp Ads?
Although everyone with a Yelp page may have the idea that all they have to do is claim it to be No.1 tomorrow, that is not the case. In order to have success in this paid marketing system, a business on Yelp must have the following:
- Branded & fully built Yelp page
- Very heavy amount of positive reviews
- Regular and positive engagement with Yelp users posting reviews
- A valuable offer for users who leave negative reviews
Local Facebook Ads
Sure you may be advertising your company on Google AdWords and posting valuable content for your users but does any of it actually make a difference right now on your Facebook page? Social is so important because it builds awareness. Customers today are leery of most businesses. They need to be indoctrinated, they need to be familiarized, and they need to get to know the business before they make a purchase. And social helps you build that relationship with your potential customer. To help increase your social status, local Facebook ads diversify your ad campaigns.
Local Facebook ads are one of the practices we excel at. We target customers based on your location, and only show the ads to people within local relevance of your business. Not only that, but we create offers that both build brand awareness and drive traffic back to your website, with the main goal of generating new customers.
Local Facebook ads are based on one of two things:
- Free Information – Free information related to the core service of the client is what drives customers to connect with you. Those who download that information are prime prospects that typically follow up with you.
- Direct Offer – Direct offers are made in Facebook ads where the proper offer is placed in the ad itself.
Facebook Advertising Works!
- Social signals play a role in building successful local search results. The more Google sees your website being mentioned across the social landscape, the more weight it will have in organic and local rankings as well.
- According to Moz, by spending $1 a day on Facebook ads, your business can be put in front of 4,000 people who would never have seen your site.
- Facebook has the lowest average cost of any advertising platform ($.25/per 1,000 impressions).
- By posting questions or asking the audience to interact with your ad, you increase the chances of receiving more inquiries about your business.
What Can You Do to Get Local Business?
Now that you have a clear idea about where to start, think about setting aside some time to go back to step one in this blog series. Do you have enough time to put all of these strategies to good use? It may look like a whole lot right now, but Google isn’t going anywhere. And neither are we! That’s why we are here to help you start thinking about how to improve your local marketing strategy and provide white hat SEO tactics that work.I hope you learned something out of all this, and we would love to help get your website in front of your target audience.
For some insider information on our best practices about making your website catered to local business contact us, and we will get started today.